BAOC Board Meeting
Date: (Mon.) Jun. 19, 2006
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Event Director: - 650.321.9713
Type: Quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors -- 7:00-10:00 pm; pizza will be available at 6:30 -- All club members are welcome
The next meeting of the BAOC Board of Directors will be held on Monday, June 19, from 7:00–10:00 pm at the Burgess Recreation Center (Room 114) in Menlo Park. Directions are given below. All club members are welcome. Pizza will be available around 6:30.
- Approval of last meeting minutes – Nick Corsano
- President’s report – Nick Corsano
- Approval of new board members – Nick Corsano
- Event coordinator’s report – Brad Wetmore
- Treasurer’s report – George Minarik and Steve Beuerman
- Mapping report – Bob Cooley
- Using Epunch for White and Yellow courses – Trinka Gillis
- 2007 O’ Fair – Nick Corsano
- 2007 Ski-O Champs – Tony Pinkham
- Tahoe A event update – Steve Gregg
- Course-setting award – Nick Corsano
- Directors reports
- Registration – Ev & Jean Beuerman
- Equipment – Mark Blair
- E-punch – Trinka Gillis
- Membership – Kelly Wells
- Training – Steve Gregg
- Event Quality – Dan Greene
- Juniors – Jay Hann
- Publicity – Nancy Lindeman
- Bulletin – Jeff Lanam
- Website – Van Boughner
- Adventure Race coordination – Mark Prior
- Outreach – Scott Aster
- Social – Rex Winterbottom
- USOF – Gary Kraght
- New business (including date of next meeting) – Nick Corsano
(Note that these are "Peninsula directions" — that is, west = toward the mountains, east = toward the bay, north = toward San Francisco, south = toward San Jose.)
From Hwy 101, north or south: Take the Willow Road – West exit. Follow Willow about 2 miles until it ends at a "T" intersection. Turn right onto Alma Street. The Recreation Center is just past the ball fields on the right. The parking lot is beyond the building, and the entrance is on the side away from the street.
From the East Bay: Take 880 to the Dumbarton Bridge. Once across the bay, turn left at the second traffic light onto Willow Road. Willow will cross over 101, then follow the directions above.
From I-280, north or south: The conservative route choice is to cross over to 101 and follow the directions above. An alternative is to take the Sand Hill Road exit, follow Sand Hill Road east about 3.5 miles until you pass the Stanford Shopping Center. Turn left onto El Camino Real, go about 3/4 mile to the fourth traffic light, turn right onto Ravenswood Ave. Cross the railroad tracks, take an immediate right onto Alma Street, and then left into the parking lot. The Rec Center is at the far end of this lot.
Note: The official address of the Recreation Center is 701 Laurel Street, but parking and access are much easier from Alma Street, one block to the west.