Guidelines for Volunteers
The information on this page should be of particular usefulness to Event Directors, Course Setters, and all other event volunteers. Without the many and varied skills and efforts provided by volunteers, this club's events couldn't happen!
Please note that some links are to PDF files, which are viewable with the free Adobe Reader (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) program.
- BAOC Registration Form (PDF/38KB) (http://baoc.org/pdfs/entry_form.pdf)
- Starts (PDF/23KB) (http://baoc.org/pdfs/form_starts.pdf), Finishes (PDF/20KB) (http://baoc.org/pdfs/form_finishes.pdf)
- OUSA Standard Entry Form for A-meets (PDF/48KB) (http://orienteeringusa.org/sites/default/files/files/documents/standard.pdf)
Event Director Guide
- Advice (http://baoc.org/volunteer/dir_guide/advice.php) on events, maps, and expenses
- The Checklist – What to do, and when to do it, for both Event Director and Course Setter
- TrailCross Guide – Additional information for both Event Director and Course Setter
- Wilderness Scramble Checklist – What to do, and when to do it
- BAOC Resources (http://baoc.org/volunteer/dir_guide/resources.php) – Club members who can help you
- BAOC Course Setting Guidelines (http://baoc.org/volunteer/dir_guide/course_set.php)
- Measuring Distance and Climb (http://orienteer.com/technical/measuring.htm) – A complete description, by Joe Scarborough.
- Beginner Clinic Outline (http://baoc.org/volunteer/dir_guide/beginner.txt) (This is a "txt" file for compact printing.)
- Electronic Punching Guide (http://baoc.org/volunteer/e_punch/)
- How to Use Condes (PDF/67KB) (http://baoc.org/pdfs/condes_instruct.pdf)
- A step-by-step guide to Condes software package, by Evan Custer.
- Setting Up a Start-O (PDF/6KB) (http://baoc.org/pdfs/starto_checklist.pdf)
- Werner Haag has provided both a description (PDF/4KB) (http:/pdfs/starto_info.pdf) of this children's course and a guide (PDF/6KB) (http:/pdfs/starto_checklist.pdf) to setting one up.
- Archive of BAOC's Event Schedules (http://baoc.org/sched/archive.php)
- An archive of old event announcements, which is useful for finding out what was done in the past at the park where you may be putting on a new event.
- Introduction To Orienteering Presentation (PDF/1.8MB) (http://baoc.org/pdfs/intro_present_2004-01-08.pdf)
- Ian Tidswell (former BAOC President) prepared an excellent set of slides for introducing people to orienteering.
The Orienteering USA "Virtual Binder"
- Electronic version of the OUSA binder, containing everything from the Rules of Competition to A-meet guidelines to funding policies.
- • Rules (http://orienteeringusa.org/rules)
- • Forms (http://orienteeringusa.org/documents/forms)
- • A-meet organization (http://orienteeringusa.org/event-organizers/standard-events/sanctioned-events)
- • History/competition (http://orienteeringusa.org/history)
- • Annual general meeting (http://orienteeringusa.org/agm)
- • Administrative policies (http://orienteeringusa.org/documents/policies)
- • Fund policies (http://orienteeringusa.org/documents/policies)
- • Administrative documents (http://orienteeringusa.org/documents/administrative-documents)
- • Board of directors (http://orienteeringusa.org/leadership/board-directors)
- • Board meeting minutes (http://orienteeringusa.org/documents/board-related-documents)