- OCAD (http://www.ocad.com)
- This drawing program was created for cartographers and is the standard software for producing orienteering maps. Orienteering Unlimited (http://www.orienteeringunlimited.com) is the primary contact for OCAD (http://www.orienteeringunlimited.com/ocad/ocad.html) sales and support in North America.
- TopoZone (http://www.topozone.com)
- The place for topographic map users. It has every USGS map for the United States. Type in the place you want to see, and it will display the relevant topo map, which you can print at different scales. Also offers the TopoTimes online newsletter.
- TerraServer (http://terraserver.com)
- Look at USGS aerial or SPIN-2 satellite photos of almost any location in the US at 1-meter resolution. (A bit slow over a dial-up line.)