Joining BAOC (and Orienteering USA)
Why Join BAOC?
- Reduced BAOC event fees for Orange, advanced courses, and special events
- Support orienteering in the Bay Area
- Get a tax deduction
Check Your Membership Status
Members can find their status and renewal date here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D0FXVHAP_lXT5d-JGAdaZc1Jdc-VeZMMCOvgZyDoChU/edit?usp=sharing).
How To Join BAOC, or Renew Your Membership
To become a member of BAOC, or to renew your membership, do one of the following:
- Fill out, print, and mail our membership form along with a check.
- Fill out a membership form and pay at an event.
- Join or renew on-line using the two-step procedure below.
- Note that your membership will not be recorded until both steps below are completed.
- Also note that on-line payment uses PayPal. If you don't already have a PayPal account, you'll be able to pay as a guest (you can sign up for PayPal later). If you don't want to use PayPal, please mail the standard membership form along with a check.
- 1) Depending on your circumstance, complete one of the forms linked below.
- New members or renewals with status changes, fill out this form (http://baoc.wufoo.com/forms/baoc-membership-new-members-or-status-changes/) and submit it electronically.
- Renewing members with no status changes, fill out this form (http://baoc.wufoo.com/forms/baoc-membership-renewals-without-status-changes/) and submit it electronically.
- 2) Pay the dues below.
|Type of Membership||1 year||2 years||3 years||5 years||Select an option and click on Pay Now|
|* Note: The $1 processing fee added to these categories applies only to on-line payments.|
If you have questions regarding BAOC memberships, call Werner Haag, Membership Director, at 408.599.9709 or send email to .
Note Regarding Tax Deductibility
Since BAOC has tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) organization (i.e., charitable non-profit organization), annual membership fees are deductible to the extent allowed by law, per your own individual situation. Generally, that means the full amount of your annual membership fee can be deducted if you itemize deductions on your U.S. tax return.¹ (BAOC's tax identification number is EIN 43-4309358.)
Also Join Orienteering USA
In addition to joining BAOC, consider joining Orienteering USA (OUSA) for these benefits:
- Reduced A-meet fees.
- A subscription to the bimonthly magazine Orienteering North America.
- Voting rights at the annual meeting.
- Supporting the growth of orienteering in the U.S.A.
To join Orienteering USA, please go to http://orienteeringusa.org/membership (http://orienteeringusa.org/membership).
1 Reference: IRS Publication 526, Charitable Contributions, paragraph titled "Certain membership benefits can be disregarded".