BAOC Board Meeting Minutes
Date: (Thu.) Dec. 2, 2021
Location: Video Conference
Event Directors: - 925.516.7622, - 650.906.9672
Type: Quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors; 8:00–10:00 PM; all club members are welcome
Minutes of the BAOC Board Meeting held December 2, 2021
Present: Officers – Marie-Josée Parayre (President), Stephanie Maclean (Vice President), Nick Corsano (Secretary), Sharon Evans (Treasurer); Board members – Dan Greene, Steve Haas, Daniel Ingram, Jeff Lanam, Dennis Wildfogel; Visitors – Gary Kraght, Tapio Karras, Misha Kreslavsky, Derek Maclean, Siargey Pisarchyk.
The meeting was held via Zoom. It was called to order by the President at 8:05 PM.
President’s Report – Marie-Josée Parayre
- The President thanked the volunteers who have been putting on events.
- The President appointed Gary Kraght to the Finance Committee. Gary has expressed willingness to serve as club Treasurer, and will be able to work with Sharon for the remainder of her term of office to make a smooth transition, should he be elected as Treasurer next year.
- The President appointed Steve Haas as Chair of the Nominating Committee. The Board confirmed the appointment.
- Dan Ingram has volunteered to take over as Insurance Coordinator.
- Bob Cooley will continue to print maps for events until he runs out of supplies.
Secretary’s Report – Nick Corsano
- Minutes of the September 9 board meeting were approved as corrected.
- There were no email votes taken since the previous board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report – Sharon Evans
- Work on the 2022 budget is in progress; expected to be done by the end of the year.
- The club has over $100K in the bank. That is about what would be needed if all CalOFest fees needed to be refunded. Stephanie Maclean reported that when the dates for 2023 are finalized, a deadline for requesting a full refund will be announced as well.
Event Coordinator’s Report – Marie-Josée Parayre for Jeff Goodwin
- The Event Coordinating Committee has developed a draft schedule for 2022. The NJROTC championship on March 12–13 will include a BAOC B-meet on Sunday. The club will not be able to hold an event at Morgan Territory this year because of construction in the park.
NAV-X Relationship – Marie-Josée Parayre
- NAV-X has provided their proposed schedule for 2022, with four events using BAOC maps. It was agreed that NAV-X could go ahead with their schedule under the current map-use agreement, with caveats about Morgan Territory.
Nominating Committee – Steve Haas
- There was a discussion of the qualifications required of the club Treasurer. It was suggested that an option would be to hire a bookkeeper. Sharon felt that the job does not require an accounting professional, and that analytic skills and attention to detail are more important. Gary Kraght outlined his relevant experience as a member of the Orienteering USA Finance Committee and former Vice President of Finance.
The next board meeting was set for Thursday, March 31, from 8–10 PM.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:18 PM.