BAOC Board Meeting
Date: (Tue.) Mar. 9, 2010
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Event Directors: - 650.321.9713, - 650.248.9595
Type: Quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors -- 7:00-10:00 PM; pizza will be available at 6:30 -- All club members are welcome
I am pleased to announce that the Board of Directors, at last night's meeting, approved the nomination of the following slate of candidates for election as club officers:
- President – Trinka Gillis
- Event Coordinator – Alex Finch
- Treasurer – Kelly Wells
- Secretary – Vicki Woolworth
I want to thank the members of the Nominating Committee — Scott Aster (chair), Jim Fish, Nancy Lindeman, and Mark Blair — for their hard work in recruiting these excellent candidates.
Congratulations to Trinka, Alex, Kelly, and Vicki!
(March 10, 2010)
By , BAOC Secretary
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at Sunol on Sunday April 25th. At this event, club members will elect the club officers for next year, and discuss the results of the BAOC Survey.
- The club officers recommended by the Nominating Committee and approved by the Board are: Trinka Gillis as President, Alex Finch as Event Coordinator, Kelly Wells as Treasurer, and Vicki Woolworth as Secretary. If you or anyone else would like to run for these positions, please contact the club president () or secretary ().
- The Board approved bids for two A-meets in 2011: a one-day sprint meet in Golden Gate Park on Jan 8, and a two-day meet at Pacheco State Park on March 26-27. BAOC will apply for WRE status for the sprint, and bid for the U.S. Interscholastic Championships for Pacheco.
- Nick Corsano has established a Park Relations Task Force with the aim of improving the club relationships with park entities.
- BAOC will design and produce a patch, similar to the patches that Scouts earn, but it will be available for anyone to purchase.
- The BAOC Facebook page is set up and has 168 members now.
- The U.C. Berkeley Orienteering Club has been formed thanks to Ben Legg.
- Since Kelly Wells has agreed to run for BAOC Treasurer, the position of Membership Director will be vacant. Please contact Kelly if you are interested, or know someone who is.
- The next Board meeting is tentatively set for June 8th, at a location to be determined.