BAOC Event Director's Guide
How do you organize a high-quality orienteering event? This guide will show you!
- Advice (http://baoc.org/volunteer/dir_guide/advice.php) on events, maps, and expenses
- The Checklist (http://baoc.org/volunteer/dir_guide/checklist.php) – What to do, and when to do it, for both event director and course setter
- Course Setting Guidelines (http://baoc.org/volunteer/dir_guide/course_set.php)
- Forms: Starts (PDF/24KB) (http://baoc.org/pdfs/form_starts.pdf), Finishes (PDF/24KB) (http://baoc.org/pdfs/form_finishes.pdf), Event Expenses (PDF/48KB)
- BAOC Resources (http://baoc.org/volunteer/dir_guide/resources.php) – Club members who can help you
- Event Volunteer Instructions – How to handle starts, finishes, and results
- Beginner Clinic Instructions (http://baoc.org/volunteer/dir_guide/beginner.txt) – Suggested outline/topics for delivering beginner clinics. (.txt format for compact printing.)
10/14/09 – v3.4: Convert page to wiki. (Chuck Spalding)
04/05/06 – v3.3: Change links to Starts, Finish, & Expense forms to point at PDF files. (Chuck Spalding)
12/21/04 – v3.2: Added Beginner Clinic information. (Brad Wetmore)
02/04/04 – v3.1: Reformatted for new web site design. (Van Boughner)
03/26/01 – v3.0: Substantial content revisions, including e-punching; reformatted for better presentation. (Abby Wolfe)
10/26/99 – v2.5: Divided into several pages for better printing; separated meet director and course setter tasks. (Wyatt Riley)
05/26/98 – v2.4: Minor edits, especially on map-printing information. (Wyatt Riley)
06/21/97 – v2.2W: Various updates. (Tony Pinkham)
01/19/97 – v2.1W: Additional web-related info and minor HTML corrections. (Tony Pinkham)
01/15/97 – v2.1: Conversion to HTML for BAOC website. (Tony Pinkham)
10/30/96 – v2.0: Various changes. (Tony Pinkham)
1993 – v1.0 (Tony Pinkham)
Copyright © 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009 by Bay Area Orienteering Club. All rights reserved. Internet links are encouraged, but this material may not be further distributed, in electronic or printed form, without permission.
Please send all changes to .