BAOC Board Meeting
Date: (Tue.) Jun. 10, 2008
Location: Millbrae, CA
Event Directors: - 650.321.9713, - 650.248.9595
Type: Quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors -- 7:00-10:00 PM; pizza will be available at 6:30 -- All club members are welcome
Highlights of the June Board of Directors Meeting
- Rosemary Johnson has been elected the new Pacific Region Representative to USOF.
- Malcolm Wyatt-Mair is participating in the Junior World Orienteering Championships again.
- Alex Finch is the new Event Coordinator. Steve Haas is the new South Bay Coordinator, Steve Gregg is continuing as the East Bay Coordinator, and the North Bay Coordinator position is vacant.
- We now need a sponsoring club and permit to hold events at UC Berkeley.
- The O in the Oaks '08 "A" meet will include the U.S. Trail-O Championship. the Boggs Mountain 2009 "A" meet will include the U.S. Team Trials. In fall 2009, we are planning an A-meet event on the new map at Pacheco State Park.
- The Event Coordinator is starting an Event Director/Course Setter Mentor Program to identify possible new Course Setters and Event Directors and get them training. The program would recruit new people through a combination of advertising and talking up people.
- The club needs someone to volunteer to mail bulletins to first-time event attendees.
- In small groups, the Board engaged in discussion of the club's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT analysis).
- The next meeting will tentatively be held in Millbrae on September 9th.