Bay Area Orienteering Club California Outdoor Orienteering League
Since the Juniors Director position is vacant, I have simplified the process for COOL in order to create a satisfying junior training event with less organizational work. If a new Juniors Director is found, he/she may make changes.
Here are the most significant differences from previous COOL seasons:
- We are using existing BAOC events instead of setting up separate COOL events.
- No pre-registration: We will use the registration already being set up for the event. (This means, unfortunately, that parents will need to sign their child's registration form for each event, but they can print it out online (http://baoc.org/pdfs/entry_form.pdf), and fill it out in advance, if they won't be at the event.)
- No Course 3: The traditional BAOC courses correspond to Course 1 (White), Course 2 (Yellow), and Course 4 (Orange). Junior Varsity (JV) were typically the competitors on Course 3 — they will do the Orange course instead, but will be compared to other JV also doing Orange.
- Juniors Orienteering Skills Training will be taught at 10:30 at COOL events, prior to your running your course. Topics will include: using handrails, navigating by contour, choosing the correct running speed, etc. The clinics are free.
- Register yourself for the COOL season in order to be included in the championship points. There is no fee to register for COOL, and no obligation to attend meets. Your points will be calculated for all COOL events in the season, even if they occurred before you registered. The BAOC COOL 2012-2013 Sign-Up is here (http://baoccool.blogspot.com/).
The season results are available here.
Schedule of Events
We will be using the standard schedule for registration, start times, and course-closing time at each event (unless a different schedule is indicated on the webpage for a specific event).
Click on the park name below to see information about the event. See the map below for the locations of the events. (See the directions on the event pages for the exact event locations.)
Note: The links for events in February and March 2013 currently go to blank pages (as of Jan. 5, 2013).
|Sunday||Oct 21, 2012||Golden Gate Park||San Francisco, CA|
|Sunday||Oct 28, 2012||Morgan Territory Regional Preserve||Livermore, CA|
|Sunday||Nov 4, 2012||Golden Goat, Kid and Mini-Kid ||Morgan Hill, CA|
|Sunday||Nov 11, 2012||Annadel State Park||Santa Rosa, CA|
|Saturday||Dec 15, 2012||Willow Glen Holiday Lights ||San Jose, CA|
|Sunday||Jan 13, 2013||Bayfront Park||Menlo Park, CA|
|Sunday||Feb 24, 2013||Joaquin Miller Park||Oakland, CA|
|Sunday||Mar 3, 2013||Sprint, U.C. Berkeley||Berkeley, CA|
|Sunday||Mar 10, 2013||McLaren Park ||San Francisco, CA|
|Notes:|| For Middle School, JV and Varsity COOL participants only — no course level 1 (White course).|
| Not an official COOL event. Evening Score-O and Holiday Social.|
| COOL 2012-2013 Championship Award Ceremony|
- BAOC COOL 2012-2013 Information (PDF/26KB)
- BAOC COOL 2012-2013 Rules (PDF/45KB)
- BAOC COOL 2012-2013 Sign Up (http://baoccool.blogspot.com/)
- Shadowing Policy