Electronic Punching Guide
This page contains a wide variety of information about electronic punching (E-punch) for orienteering events.
Note: Course Setters should make sure they follow the instructions here.
For Event Participants
- User's Guide to Electronic Punching
Using an E-punch stick at an event.
- Overview of E-punching
Using an E-punch stick, reading the splits, etc.
For E-Punch Volunteers
In addition to the information below, you might also want to look at the information here, which is primarily for Course Setters.
- Inventory of Rental Sticks
Inventory of sticks available for rental. (Probably very much out of date—May 23, 2019)
- E-punch Operations (http://baoc.org/volunteer/e_punch/director.php)
For Event Directors: Overview of E-punch at an event.
- Jeff Lanam's presentation on setting up and using E-punch at an event:
- OE 2003 Instructions
For EP event staff: Instructions for using OE2003 E-Punch Software (145 KB PDF).
- Updating the E-Punch Archive
For EP support staff: Procedure for updating the E-punch archive with data from an event.
- COC's E-punch Operator's Manual (http://www.nwlink.com/~ben/odocs/OE2003%20Operator%27s%20%20Manual.pdf)
For EP event staff: Instructions for using OE2003 E-Punch Software (in a format different than the item above) (490 KB PDF).