Diablo Valley College
Event #4 of 6 in the BAOC 2022 Summer Series
Date: (Sat.) Jul. 23, 2022
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Event Director: - 610.715.8234
Course Setter: François Léonard
Type: C; This will be the fourth event of the 2022 Summer Series. Beginners are welcome!
This event will be the fourth of six events in the 2022 Summer Series. However, we want to emphasize that everyone is welcome to come out and do one (or more) of the courses, regardless of whether or not you attended the previous Summer Series event, or plan to attend later events.
Beginners new to orienteering are encouraged to attend—the navigational difficulty is significantly eased by the nature of the campus, so anyone should be able to complete the beginner course.
Note that this is a Saturday event.
The schedule details are not available yet. We expect a similar schedule to the previous Summer Series events.
Please check back closer to the event date.
Registration and Costs
- Note: There is a special Summer Series Discount Package for BAOC members that is described here.
The following fees apply at this event:
- $3 for each junior on the Beginner course
- $10 for each adult on the Beginner course
- $5 for each junior on the Short or Long course
- $15 for each adult member on the Short or Long course
- $20 for each adult non-member on the Short or Long course
- $1 for a compass rental (optional)
- $5 for an electronic fingerstick rental (optional, but each team will need one to complete the course)
- $15 for the lowest-cost individual one-year BAOC membership (optional)
More information about event pricing is available in the club FAQ. All the prices are also shown on the standard entry form (PDF/90KB), which you can print and fill out in advance to save some time at the event. (You will need one entry form for each group of people going on a course together.)
At registration, all juniors must be accompanied by parents or legal guardians, or bring with them a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian (the registration form is available here (PDF/90KB)).
Optional Online Registration
Online registration will be available closer to the event date. Alternatively, you can register here for the Summer Series Discount Package (https://eventreg.orienteeringusa.org/eventregister/a40/register/start/sspackage) (which is for club members only) — and pay via PayPal (with credit card, debit card, or PayPal account).
The venue includes indoor restrooms. Parking and registration are available outdoors by the college campus. Watch for construction and service vehicles.
Details not available yet. Please check back later.
- This event will observe Sprint rules for all the courses, which means there are strict interpretations of some of the symbols on the map. In particular, some symbols indicate features that must not be crossed (i.e., even if it’s physically possible to cross them), and areas that are out of bounds (i.e., must not be entered). If you don’t know about those symbols, be sure to ask somebody before going to the Start.
- In addition to being against orienteering rules, violating those restrictions could jeopardize our ability to hold events on the campus in the future!
Please contact Anthony Riley (Event Director; ) if you are interested in volunteering for the event. We can definitely use your help!
2022 Summer Series
This is the fourth event of the BAOC 2022 Summer Series. The Series consists of six events, each of which has "ranking courses" for the overall Summer Series results. At this event, points will be awarded to all the individuals (but not groups or teams) who complete the Short or Long course.
Details of the Summer Series scoring system are available here. (Note that we need your birth year if you want to be scored properly.)
The approximate coordinates of the event are 37.9700,-122.0724.
From north of Pleasant Hill: Get to I-680 southbound. Take the Concord Ave exit (#52). Use the middle lane to turn left onto Contra Costa Blvd. Turn right onto Chilpancingo Pkwy, and left onto Old Quarry Rd. At the traffic circle, continue straight to stay on Old Quarry Rd. Cross Golf Club Rd and turn right onto Stubbs Rd, which circles the campus. Park in Lot 7. The assembly area will be near the BFL Community Conference Center adjacent to Lot 7.
From other directions: Get to I-680 northbound. Take the Willow Pass Rd exit (#51), and turn left onto Willow Pass Rd, which becomes Sunvalley Blvd almost immediately. Turn right onto Contra Costa Blvd. After 0.6 mile, turn left onto Golf Club Rd. After about 0.2 mile, turn left at either of two opportunities to cross over to Stubbs Rd, which circles the campus. Park in Lot 7. The assembly area will be near the BFL Community Conference Center adjacent to Lot 7.