BAOC 2022 Annual General Meeting
Online via Zoom
Date: (Tue.) Apr. 19, 2022
Location: Video Conference
Event Directors: - 925.516.7622, - 650.906.9672
Type: Annual membership meeting and election of officers
The 2022 Annual General Meeting of the Bay Area Orienteering Club will be held online on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 from 8:00–9:30 PM. At this meeting, club members will elect officers for the coming year, vote on a proposed amendment to the bylaws, hear reports on the state of the club, and discuss matters of interest to the orienteering community. Also, the recipient of the 2021 BAOC Service Award will be announced at this meeting.
Official notice of the meeting, including the Zoom link, was emailed to all active club members in early April, using the email addresses in the club’s membership database. If you didn't get that email, or if you are a non-member who would like to attend, let me know so I can send you the login information, as this meeting will be held via video conference.
We had great attendance last year, and I hope to see even more people this year. This will be a great opportunity to connect, hear reports from officers, vote for the election of officers and an amendment of our bylaws, and last but not least, be present for the announcement of the 2021 BAOC Service Award recipient.
See you soon, and don't hesitate to email if you have any ideas for the club. 😊
– Marie-Josée Parayre (), BAOC President
All active BAOC members can vote at the meeting. If you need to renew your membership or update your contact information, see the information here.¹
Here is the proposed meeting agenda:
- President’s Report – Marie-Josée Parayre (15 minutes)
- CalOFest Update
- Mapping Update
- Treasurer’s Report – Sharon Evans (5 minutes)
- Event Coordinator’s Report – Jeff Goodwin (5 minutes)
- Election of Officers (see below) – Steve Haas (5 minutes)
- Proposed Bylaws Amendment (see below) – Nick Corsano (5 minutes)
- Announcement of 2021 BAOC Service Award – Marie-Josée Parayre (5 minutes)
- Miscellaneous – Marie-Josée Parayre and others (10 minutes)
- Questions and Comments
Club members may request an item to be placed on the agenda by contacting Nick Corsano (), BAOC Secretary.
Election of Officers
At the meeting, members in good standing will vote for the Club’s 2022 officers. The Nominating Committee, chaired by Steve Haas, has put forward the following slate of candidates:
- President: Marie-Josée Parayre (incumbent)
- Vice President: Stephanie Maclean (incumbent)
- Event Coordinator: Graham Brew
- Secretary: Nick Corsano (incumbent)
- Treasurer: Gary Kraght
The Board of Directors has recommended the election of these candidates. Nominations may also be made from the floor.
Article 6, Section 1.2 of the club bylaws reads as follows:
- “All members of the Board shall be members of the Club in good standing and shall perform the duties prescribed by these Bylaws. The President and the Event Coordinator shall be members in good standing of the United States Orienteering Federation.”
The proposed change is to replace the words “Event Coordinator” in the second sentence with the words “Vice President”. The Board of Directors recommends approval of this amendment.
Rationale: In 2019, the membership approved a number of bylaws amendments. One of the most important changes was the creation of the office of Vice President. Until then, the Event Coordinator was next in line to the President, so it made sense for the EC to meet the same requirements as the President, namely membership in USOF. It was an oversight that the change was not made at the same time to place this requirement on the Vice President instead of the Event Coordinator. Incidentally, we say “United States Orienteering Federation” instead of “Orienteering USA” because that is still the legal name of the national organization.
Install Or Update Your Zoom Application Before The BAOC AGM
If you have not used Zoom before, you will need to install the Zoom application. It takes only a few minutes. You do not need to create a Zoom account (i.e., “Sign Up”) to be able to attend the meeting. You can go to this website (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806) for information about getting started with and using Zoom.
If you have used Zoom before, you should make sure you have the latest version. Start the Zoom application, and click on your profile icon in the upper right. This may be your picture or just your initials. Choose the “Check for Updates” option, and let it update your application.
Current Board Members
For reference, the current Board members are:
- President – Marie-Josée Parayre
- Vice President – Stephanie Maclean
- Event Coordinator – Jeff Goodwin
- Secretary – Nick Corsano
- Treasurer – Sharon Evans
- E-Punch Director – Jeff Lanam
- Event Quality Director – Dan Greene
- Juniors Director – Daniel Ingram
- Membership Director – Werner Haag
- National Events Coordinator – Dennis Wildfogel
- Outreach Director – Jeff Goodwin
- Publicity Director – Jitka Hiscox
- Registration Director – Steve Haas
- Equipment Director – (Vacant)
- Mapping Director – (Vacant)
- Social Director – (Vacant)
- Training Director – (Vacant)
The email address reaches all the Board members.
¹ If you want to vote and are having any trouble updating your membership status to active before the meeting, please contact (BAOC Membership Director).