5 Wonders of the Bay
Dates: July 29, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2020
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Event Director: , 510.681.6181
Course Setter: Rex Winterbottom
Type: 5k, 10k, & “Longer” do-at-anytime courses at five new-to-terraloco locations, all within an hour of San Francisco
Looks like traditional “let’s all gather in one spot and start at the same time” events are out for 2020. But I just can’t stop making and sharing adventures — I've had so much fun curating these. If you feel up to it, gear up with a mask! Also, expect something like this for the Halloween and Winter Holiday 5k’s and 10k’s.
5 Wonders of the Bay
- Do any course(s) on any day(s) through December 31, 2020
- Fun courses at 5 new-to-terraloco locations
- All within an hour of San Francisco
- Showcasing the natural and urban wonders of our beautiful Bay Area: The Bay, The Coast, The Valley, The Village, and The Wine Country
- 5k, 10k, and Longer (10 to 16 miles) options for each venue (each Longer has a bike-duathlon option)
- Q & A format, 1:10000 scale maps, 36 maximum checkpoints at each venue
5 Wonders of the Bay event webpage (https://go-terraloco.blogspot.com/2020/07/5-wonders-of-bay.html). (See that webpage for the "official" event information, including more details.)
So where exactly are these courses?
- Marin County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Marin County, and Sonoma County, respectively
- After registering, you’ll get all the details you need to participate.
- Check out the event webpage (https://go-terraloco.blogspot.com/2020/07/5-wonders-of-bay.html) for more clues on where they are, and also instagram.com/rexwinterbottom (https://www.instagram.com/rexwinterbottom/) has a few more hints.
Thanks to Steve G., Vladimir G., Graham B., Chris B., Dennis Wilk., Mitch G., and Ellen C. for testing all the courses!
So how do I get my maps and go?
- Preregister and select which courses you want to do — 3-event and 5-event discount packages are available.
- Then I’ll contact you by email with a registration link.
- After you’re done registering, based on your preference,
I’ll email you PDF files that you can print, or
I’ll send you printed maps and questions by postal mail.
Preregister here (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeMEuwnNaEf5dvrBZRdHZQWR1pQl9K0pboc6TDTkk8zodI3VQ/viewform?formkey=dHpnLV9PWFFzLUV2WkRwekV5TURjdnc6MQ&ifq) for 1 event or multiple events (3- and 5-event discount packages are available).
We have some results already posted here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P87vy1Hynt8qIDCFZoRwFOypHE3-pN2_7cuaIm_0roQ/edit?usp=sharing). You can share as much info as you want in the results.