Pacheco State Park
Date: Mar. 9 - 10, 2019
Location: Hollister, CA
Event Director: - 510.525.1574
Course Setters: Misha Kreslavsky, Aron Walker
Type: B; Saturday Middle & Night-O courses and Sunday regular courses.
This beautiful park is atop Pacheco Pass. March is the peak of the wildflower season. Come and join us for a great orienteering weekend. Newcomers are welcomed. There will be beginner courses and free beginner clinics.
Saturday, March 9th
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Registration open
- 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Beginner clinic instruction (free)
- 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM: Starts for Middle courses
- 5:00 PM: Courses close
- 6:03 PM: Sunset
- 6:59 PM: Civil Twilight ends
- 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM: Night-O Registration open
- 7:15 PM: Night-O Mass Start
- 8:30 PM: Course closes
Sunday, March 10th
- 9:00 AM – 11:59 AM: Registration open
- 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM: Beginner clinic instruction (free)
- 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM: Starts open for Classic courses
- 2:00 PM: Courses close, checkpoint control pick-up begins
Comments for Both Days
At registration, all juniors must be accompanied by parents or legal guardians, or bring with them a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian (the registration form is available here (PDF/90KB)).
Note that you can register and start on courses anytime during the open times above (except that the Night-O has a single mass start). Thus, for example, you do not need to be "punctual" at the opening times shown above (but you can if you want, but please don't show up earlier and expect to be served).
Beginner clinics are short, repeating sessions that introduce the sport of orienteering, and provide enough instruction to be able to complete the beginner (White) course.
Note that you must return to the Finish by the course-closing times shown above, and then go to the download tent, even if you have not finished your course. If there are unaccounted people after the courses close, we must initiate a search for them.
The nearest accommodation is Motel 6 (https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.ca.santa-nella.4431.html?ncr=true) close to Los Banos. There are many hotels in the Gilroy area.
More information will be forthcoming.