2019 U.S. Nationals
Big Basin Redwoods State Park & Cabrillo College, Aptos
Date: Sep. 6 - 8, 2019
Location: Boulder Creek & Aptos, CA
Event Directors: - 925.934.6567, - 408.313.3753
Course Setters: Nick Corsano, Misha Kreslavsky, TBD (You?)
Type: A; Friday afternoon Middle and Saturday morning Long, both at Big Basin, and a Sprint on Sunday morning at Cabrillo College in Aptos; sanctioning for U.S. Nationals and NRE have been approved
This event has been officially sanctioned as an NRE and as the 2019 U.S. Nationals.
will be the Event Director for the Big Basin events, and will be the Event Director for the Cabrillo College events. Our thanks to them and the course setters for organizing this event. However, they won't be able to do it alone—they will need lots of help.
We will be using a completely revised map of Big Basin. A brand new map of Cabrillo College will be used for the first-ever orienteering event to be held there.
More information will be available closer to the event.
- Friday, Sept 6 – Middle Championships at Big Basin Redwoods State Park
- Saturday, Sept 7 – Long Championships at Big Basin Redwoods State Park
- Sunday, Sept 8 – Sprint Championships at Cabrillo College
- Sunday, Sept 8 – Sprint Relay at Cabrillo College
- Sunday, Sept 8 – NRE Trail-O event at Cabrillo College
Because these are National Events, the areas close to the races are embargoed (ref. OUSA Rule A.7 (http://orienteeringusa.org/rules#A7)). This is done for the purpose of fairness.
Thus, from March 20, 2019 through the completion of the events:
- Anyone who intends to compete in the September 6th or September 7th event is not allowed to visit Big Basin Redwoods State Park.
- Anyone who intends to compete in the September 8th event is not allowed to visit Cabrillo College (except if they are already a student there).
Anyone who visits the embargoed areas can still participate in the event, but will not be included in the official results, will not receive awards, and will not earn OUSA ranking credit.
(This notice does not apply to people who will participate on the recreational courses.)