BAOC COOL/BAWS #3 (Open to All)
Date: (Sun.) Nov. 20, 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Event Director: - 925.872.3935
Course Setter: Vladimir Gusiatnikov
Type: Junior; Piggy back on the GetLost!! SF Sprints Stage Five
The assembly area will be near the parking lot at the corner of Mansell Street and Visitacion Avenue. The parking lot entrance is off of Visitacion Avenue. There's a map here that shows the location of that parking lot.
Note that the schedule is different than our regular times.
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM: BAOC COOL/BAWS Registration
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM: Starts for all courses
- 1:30 PM: Courses close; you must be back even if you don't finish your course
High School students and BAOC Winter Series (BAWS) entrants will have predetermined start times based on the bracket from Stage 1 on Saturday.
As always, we will be using electronic punching at this meet, using SPORTident finger sticks. The following models are supported: SI-Card 5, SI-Card 6, SI-Card 8, and SI-Card 9. Finger sticks are available for rent at the meet. In addition, you can get a finger stick to keep all season with your BAOC COOL season pass.
If you have a BAOC COOL season pass, your meet fee is covered. If you don't have a season pass, the Sprint series recreational Junior fees apply: $10 per Junior, includes finger-stick rental.
For the BAOC Winter Series, you may register for the Sprint event (this is Stage 5) at the Get Lost!! site, or you can do a recreational course and register at the BAOC COOL canopy at the event.
BAOC members who have their own E-punch finger stick will be able to use self-registration. (You can join BAOC at the event!)
Day-of-meet registration charges for this (single) event:
- $10 for BAOC member adult and all juniors (*)
- $15 for non-member adult
- $3 for each additional adult in group
- $2 for each additional junior in group
- (*) A BAOC COOL season pass covers registration for all three weekend events (and more).
The following minimum courses will be used for the BAOC COOL classes:
- Elementary boys and girls – Beginner/Intermediate Course
- Middle School boys and girls – Beginner/Intermediate Course
- JV boys and girls – Division Two Course
- Varsity girls – Division Two Course
- Varsity boys – Division Two Course
Since there is no beginner-only course, please plan on shadowing all Elementary School students. Older students can also be used for a shadow. The Beginner/Intermediate course will likely cross the road. In this case I will make sure to get volunteer crossing guards for the Elementary School students.
The following minimum courses will be used for the BAOC Winter Series classes:
- Winter Series Women – Division Two Course
- Winter Series Men – Division Two Course
As always, you can always "run up" by running a harder course.
It should be an interesting weekend with the people from the Sprint tournament, the juniors running the COOL courses, and the others on the public courses all there at the same time for Stage 1 & Stage 2 (on Saturday), and this Stage 5.