|Table of Contents|
Unless otherwise noted, all of the club's events take place within the San Francisco Bay Area, are on Sundays, go on rain or shine, and offer courses for beginners. Please check our Frequently Asked Questions for information about event schedules, costs, and what to bring.
For the latest information for any event, please check this website closer to the event, or contact the Event Director. There are additional details about the event schedule below.
Note that there is a Google calendar of "local" events below the list of events.
To see only BAOC events, change the drop-down box below from All Clubs to BAOC, and click on Reload. Similarly, you can select a different year, and restrict the displayed list to only a certain type of event.
Type, and Notes
|Dec. 9 - 11||Sprint San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
| - 408.313.3753,
|A; Friday evening: Sprint Relay at Presidio of San Francisco (Ft. Scott); Saturday morning: 3-round Sprint Tournament at Golden Gate Park; Sunday morning: Sprint Qualification and Final at Presidio of San Francisco (Main Post) — REG. DEADLINE DEC. 5th|
|Folsom Holiday Scramble; Folsom, CA|| - 916.481.2850
Gold Country Orienteers (GCO)
|Dwight Freund (GCO)|
|C; Urban event for beginners through advanced (NOTE THE DATE CHANGE — it was Dec. 11)|
|Willow Glen Holiday Lights
Willow Glen Neighborhood, San Jose, CA
|- 650.365.4275||Brad Wetmore,
|C; 60- or 90-minute Light-O (Score-O) course and potluck social|
|21st Annual Golden Goat & Golden Kid
Sunol Regional Wilderness, Sunol, CA
|Extra-long courses with mass starts; No beginner or intermediate courses|
|Holiday Hustle 5k, 10k
| - 510.681.6181
|5k, 10k map adventure courses — In teams of 1 to 5, on foot or bike, enjoy a dazzling tour of the Oakland Rockridge and Berkeley Elmwood neighborhoods searching for awesome holiday decorations|
Schedule of events in 2017 (http://baoc.org/wiki/Schedule/Current?year=2017)
Note: Please send event suggestions (and offers to direct an event and/or set courses) to , the BAOC Events Coordinator.
Additional notes about the above schedule:
- Events in bold are BAOC events. The schedule includes regular orienteering events, and other events of potential interest, such as training sessions, board meetings, regional events, and National Meets. You can use the drop-down boxes at the top of the page to limit the events that are listed.
- B- and C-meets are regular BAOC events. B-meets generally provide the standard seven courses (White, Yellow, Orange, Brown, Green, Red, Blue). C-meets offer a subset of these courses, or another flavor of orienteering, such as Score-O.
- A-meets are National Meets for competitive orienteers. They offer courses in all competitive classes and are counted in the national rankings. Note, however, that these meets also have courses for recreational orienteers.
- All BAOC events offer beginners clinics and courses unless otherwise noted.
- Junior events are specifically for youth under 21 years of age (but are often open to everyone.
- Training sessions are often suitable for beginners, but sometimes are intermediate and up; check the event details.
Google Calendar of Events
The Google calendar below shows announced orienteering events. It should contain BAOC, GCO (http://www.goldcountryorienteers.org), GetLost!! (http://getlostxx.com/), and terraloco (http://go-terraloco.blogspot.com/#!/p/about-terraloco_09.html) events, as well as selected other California events like Mt Pinos and Anza Borrego. However, please do not rely on this calendar for accuracy. The schedules on each club's website (including our own) will have the most accurate and up-to-date information.
If you have your own Google calendar, you can subscribe to this calendar, and see its events displayed on your personal Google calendar. Just click on the button at the bottom of the calendar to subscribe.
- This calendar was suggested by Shura Kretchetov, and was developed by Shura and Alex Finch. (February 14, 2011)
- If the calendar is not displayed, or if no events are shown in the calendar, that means Google is having a problem. In that case, please check back later.
More Schedule Information
You may find more events by looking at the SConet Combined Schedule (http://www.thethinkingsport.com/folder_o_sconet/h_sched_all.php), the OUSA event calendar (http://orienteeringusa.org/orienteers/on-foot/events/sanctioned-events-calendar), the OUSA working calendar (http://www.event-finder.org/o-planning/maincal.shtml), the OUSA Rogaine calendar (http://orienteeringusa.org/orienteers/rogaines/events), or the Web sites of other orienteering clubs.
If you are looking for an announcement for a past BAOC event, check out the archive of old event schedules (http://baoc.org/sched/archive.php).
The best driving directions are usually within the event announcements themselves, but we also have a page containing driving directions (http://baoc.org/maps/directions.php) to most of the parks.
If you'd like to orienteer more often, volunteering to help put on events is a sure way to do it. Please contact the Events Coordinator, , regarding event directing and course setting.
If you have additional information concerning any of these events, know of an event that should be added, or see something that's incorrect, please contact the .