BAOC Board Meeting
Date: (Tue.) Dec. 4, 2007
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Event Directors: - 650.321.9713, - 650.248.9595
Type: Quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors -- 7:00-10:00 PM; pizza will be available at 6:30 -- All club members are welcome
The next meeting of the BAOC Board of Directors will be held on Tuesday, December 4th, from 7:00–10:00 P.M. at the Burgess Recreation Center (Room 118) in Menlo Park. Directions are given below. Pizza will be available around 6:30.
New club uniforms ... BAOC COOL, our new youth league ... plans for future A meets ... the 2008 club budget. All this and more will be discussed at this Board meeting.
Here is the meeting agenda:
- Approval of last meeting's minutes – Nick Corsano
- Report of email votes – Trinka Gillis
- President's report – Nick Corsano
- Event Coordinator's report – Brad Wetmore
- Treasurer's report – Steve Beuerman
- Mapping report – Bob Cooley
- 2008 Budget report – Steve Beuerman
- A-Meet Committee report – George Minarik
- Grant policy – Nick Corsano
- Conflict-of-interest policy – Nick Corsano
- New club uniforms – Ben Legg
- BAOC COOL – Jay Hann
- Junior Training Camp, Tahoe June 2008 – Jay Hann
- 2008 Nominating Committee – Nick
- Bylaws Review Committee – Kelly Wells
- Ski-O report – Tony Pinkham
- BAOC 30th anniversary observation – Nick Corsano
- Directors' reports
- New business/next meeting
I would like to extend an invitation to any members who are interested in the direction or priorities of the club to attend board meetings.
(Note that these are "Peninsula directions" — that is, west = toward the mountains, east = toward the bay, north = toward San Francisco, south = toward San Jose.)
From Hwy 101, north or south: Take the Willow Road – West exit. Follow Willow about 2 miles until it ends at a "T" intersection. Turn right onto Alma Street. The Recreation Center is just past the ball fields on the right. The parking lot is beyond the building.
From the East Bay: Take 880 to the Dumbarton Bridge. Once across the bay, turn left at the second traffic light onto Willow Road. Willow will cross over 101, then follow the directions above.
From I-280, north or south: The conservative route choice is to cross over to 101 and follow the directions above. An alternative is to take the Sand Hill Road exit, follow Sand Hill Road east about 3.5 miles until you pass the Stanford Shopping Center. Turn left onto El Camino Real, go about 3/4 mile to the fourth traffic light, turn right onto Ravenswood Ave. Cross the railroad tracks, take an immediate right onto Alma Street, and then left into the parking lot. The Rec Center is at the far end of this lot.
Note: The official address of the Recreation Center is 701 Laurel Street, but parking and access are much easier from Alma Street, one block to the west.