Board of Directors Meeting
Date: (Tue.) Mar. 8, 2005
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Event Director: - 415.681.7075
Type: Club Board Meeting, all members are welcome
BAOC's quarterly Board of Directors meeting will take place on Tuesday evening, March 8th. All club members are welcome to attend. Below are the agenda items and driving directions from Ian.
We have an important board meeting this coming Tuesday at Stanford. See below for the agenda and logistics. As always all members are invited. We have several key topics:
- Voting on the proposal to increase fees. I will repost the previous message sent a few weeks ago on this.
- Slate of club officer candidates for election at the AGM. The board needs to propose a slate of candidates for the upcoming AGM in April. While additional candidates can be added up until (and at) the meeting, it would be great if we could identify candidates by the board meeting. The current officers are:
- President: Ian Tidswell
- Event Coordinator: Evan Custer
- Treasurer: George Minarik
- Secretary: Terry Farrah
- Each of the current officers has indicated they are willing to accept another one-year term, but also that they would be happy for assistance or to step aside for 'new blood'. Please let me know if you are interested in helping or running for one of these positions.
- Ideas for a 5-year A-event plan
- Forming a membership benefits and fees subcommittee
We are meeting in room 334 in Gilbert - one of the Biological Sciences buildings. It's on Serra Mall, just west of the Oval that marks the end of Palm Drive. Here is a link to the map and picture of the building:
Room 334 is easiest reached by taking the elevator in the focal part of the building that's away from Serra Mall. The building doors will be locked after 4:30, but we will have someone letting people in from about 6:15pm until about 7:00pm. If there is no one there when you arrive please call me cellphone on 650-867-9921 and we will have someone let you in to the building.
Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2005 Time: 7pm - 10pm. Pizza from 6:30pm - 7pm.
1. Approval of December meeting minutes Ian Tidswell 2. President's report Ian Tidswell 3. Event coordinator's report Chuck Spalding for Evan Custer 4. Treasurer's report George Minarik 5. Slate of candidates for the April AGM Ian Tidswell 6. Proposal to raise events fees Ian Tidswell/George Minarik 7. Form a subcommittee to evaluate membership benefits and fees Ian Tidswell 8. Purchase 15 more e-punch units Trinka Gillis (absent) 9. Mapping report Bob Cooley 10. Feasibility of mapping Granite Bay Marsha Jacobs 11. Preparation for the October A Events Robert Lewis 12. Five-year A-event plan Gary Kraght 13. Proposal for 2007 US Ski-O champs Tony Pinkham 14. Conditions for Montebello Events Terry Farrah 15. Directors' reports a. Membership Steve Beuerman b. Registration Ev & Jean Beuerman c. Equipment Mark Blair d. E-punch Trinka Gillis (absent) e. Event Quality Dan Greene f. Juniors Nick Corsano g. Permits Rosemary Johnson h. Publicity Nancy Lindeman i. Bulletin Jeff Lanam j. Website Van Boughner k. A/R Coordination Mark Prior l. Outreach Scott Aster m. USOF Gary Kraght 16. New business (including date of next meeting) Ian Tidswell 17. Adjournment