BAOC Board Meeting Minutes
Date: (Tue.) Sep. 9, 2014
Location: Foster City, CA
Event Directors: - 408.313.3753, - 510.407.1876
Type: Quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors—7:00-10:00 PM; free pizza and salad will be available at 6:30—All club members and other interested people are welcome
Minutes of the BAOC Board Meeting held September 9, 2014
Present: Nick Corsano, Steve Haas, Jeff Lanam (President), Nancy Lindeman, Bob Cooley, Scott Aster, Vladimir Gusiatnikov, Vicki Woolworth (Secretary), and Stephanie Maclean.
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM at the Foster City Recreation Center by President Jeff Lanam.
President's Report – Jeff Lanam
- Jeff commented on the nice event at Tahoe, not a huge turnout but drew from a wide area. Matej Sebo participated in JWOC and events in Italy and Bulgaria. The 501(c)(3) application was finally approved by the IRS, next step is to apply for state approval.
Online Votes/Approval of Minutes – Vicki Woolworth
- The minutes of the June 2014 meeting were approved by an email vote of the board on July 6, 2014. There were no other email votes this quarter.
Treasurer's Report – Sharon Evans, by email
- Jeff reviewed the financials for this quarter, noting that Boggs lost a small amount of money primarily because the park required that we rent a water truck service to keep the dust down. Event costs in general are going up mostly due to increased permit fees and additional park requirements. We may need to consider raising event fees.
Mapping Report – Bob Cooley
- No major activity other than a Sprint map for Joaquin Miller Park.
A-meet Report – Gary Kraght, by email
- 2014 O in the Oaks will include a Maze-O. Plans for next year include Joe Grant (last weekend in April) and Little Truckee Summit in September.
- Stephanie Maclean reminded everyone that the Calero meet is coming up soon, and there will be a dinner at the Chicken Coop.
Incorporation and 501(c)(3) Status
- As mentioned in the President's Report, the 501(c)(3) application was approved by the IRS. Next step is to apply for state approval.
- Publicity – Nancy Lindeman
- Nancy did not have any news to report. Jeff has started a twitter account, but it is not yet fully active.
- Registration – Steve Haas
- Part of the new waiver process should be in effect this week.
- Epunch – Rosemary Johnson
- Rosemary emailed a proposal for allocation of equipment within the club, and rental of club equipment, which was tabled until December.
- Outreach – Scott Aster
- Scott was approached by a group who want help with corporate teambuilding, discussed how much to help and what resources we can refer them to when we can't provide help.
Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 8th.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 PM.