Minutes: 2000 BAOC Annual General Meeting
by Meg Gerstner, secretary
Sunday, April 4, 2000
The annual meeting was called to order by Scott Aster at
12:38 pm. More than 15 members (a quorum) were present.
1. ELECTION OF OFFICERS - Scott Aster
Elected unanimously was the proposed slate of officers:
There were no nominations from the floor.
- Scott Aster, president
- Harold and Penny DeMoss, event coordinators
- George Minarik, treasurer
- Meg Gerstner, secretary
2. STATE OF THE CLUB - Scott Aster
Scott reported on two special events occurring during 2000:
In general, finances of the club are good and plans for the Sierra 2000
- National Orienteering Day, occurring the weekend of May
6th and 7th with a meet at Indian Valley on Saturday, and two
come-and-try-it events at Joaquin Miller and Bayfront parks on
Sunday. Scott encouraged club members to get the word out about
these events, and to volunteer.
- The advent of electronic punching. A demonstration event will be held April 9th
at Joaquin Miller, and there are plans for using e-punching at one or
more events in the spring and summer (before use at the Sierra
2000). Volunteers interested in e-punching are being sought.
There were no questions from the floor. The meeting adjourned at 12:43 pm.